COMET-METNET has a Codian IP VCR, that is capable of recording conferences, point-to-point calls and presentations from standard video conferencing equipment for playback at a later date. The content can be streamed live or played back on demand at multiple speeds to a PC or any video conferencing endpoint.
Recorded video can be streamed live or recorded content to a Web interface - viewed using QuickTime, RealPlayer or Windows Media Player - or to a normal H.323 video endpoint.
To request recording of meetings or classes:
- Complete the standard ITV Request form and check the "Yes" box labeled "Record for video streaming".
- Once recording is complete, the host will be sent the following information:
- IP address of the Codian for logging in
- Recording name
- Numeric ID
- Pin number
- Recordings will be left on the Codian for one week. At the end of a week recordings will be downloaded, exported to a video server, and deleted from the Codian.
- The recording URL will be sent to the individual who requested the recording for distribution or posting to their own website.